PrepMD is recognized as a private occupational school, and our program is approved and regulated by Division of Professional Licensure (DPL), Massachusetts.
Our tuition-based program not just trains but also actively places the participants in highly rewarding medical device specialist jobs.
Our unmatched industry connections, technologically advanced facilities, and clinical partnerships mean you have the best possible opportunity to prepare yourself for a future in the medical device industry. Our track record proves it: we’ve achieved a 94% job placement rate for our graduates, and we’ve placed our graduates with multibillion dollar medical device giants and world-renowned healthcare facilities.
Tuition & Fees
- The total cost for a six-month PrepMD Training Program (Winter, Spring, or Fall) is $31,495 and is comprised of the following components:
- Program Cost: $30,000
- Non-refundable Books, iPad and Software License Fees: $650
- Non-refundable Clinical Rotation Fee: $700
- Non-refundable Dosimeter Badges & Reading Fees: $20
- Non-refundable Background Check Fee: $75
- Non-refundable Administrative Fee: $50
- A deposit of $2,500 will be required on or before the date indicated on the acceptance letter to reserve a spot.
- Full payment towards the total program cost is due on the date indicated on the students formal acceptance letter.
If a student withdraws or is dismissed from the program for any reason, the refund to the student will be as outlined in the refund policy. Click here to review PrepMD’s refund policy.
Financing Available Through Meritize Financial
Meritize, along with LBCU, offers loans to accepted applicants to a PrepMD session. Students are able to finance up to $40,250, covering the total cost of attending the program which includes tuition & fees and maximum expected living expenses.
Get Credit for Your Merit: Funding your education on your own merit is within your reach. With a Meritize loan, you can improve your loan terms by sharing your academic profile. Providing your transcript – whether high school, partial or full college or previous skills-based school experience – lets Meritize use your learning history to enhance your credit evaluation and improve your loan options.
You don’t have to have great credit. You don’t have to have a co-borrower (but if you do, even better). And you don’t have to be an “A” student to get financial credit for your academic merit.
With a Meritize loan you can…
- Use your transcript to enhance your credit and improve your loan options
- Get pre-approved in minutes
- Fund the full cost of attendance, including living expenses, on your own merit
- Choose affordable fixed or variable rates
- Select the repayment option that works best for you while you attend school – making full payments, making interest-only payments, or making no payments until 3 months after graduation
- Avoid prepayment penalty fees if you choose to pay your loan off early
- Get access to free Meritize Career Success Services for job and career support
Get pre-approved in minutes at https://apply.meritize.com
Housing & Other Expenses
Additional expenses the students need to consider include housing, meal expenses, personal health and insurance on the cars. PrepMD students come from around the country, so housing arrangements have been researched and a list will be provided as options for consideration. There are apartments and condominiums available with short-term leases (monthly), and timelines can be negotiated to match the needs of the student. These units are within 2 miles of the PrepMD training facility, and offer a variety of living configurations for students to consider.
Want a career that’s rewarding, exciting, and improves lives? Train for a medical device specialist career with the program that’s embedded in the industry—Apply to PrepMD!