As an important part of the PrepMD curriculum, students will be participating in clinical observations at several Medical Centers and Clinics in the Boston area. It is requirement of these Medical Centers that the participants have their immunizations up to date and provide documentation of all of the following:
- MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) – One of the following is required:
- Official documentation from health care provider of (2) doses of MMR vaccine, or
- MMR Titer (blood test) – Official Lab Report – indicating immunity
- Varicella (Chickenpox) – One of the following is required:
- Official documentation from health care provider of (2) doses of Varicella vaccine, or
- Varicella titer (blood test) – Official Lab Report – indicating immunity
- Hepatitis B – Both of the following
- Official documentation from health care provider of (3) doses of Hepatitis B vaccine AND
- Hepatitis B Surface Antibody Titer (blood test) – Official Lab Report – indicating immunity
- Tuberculosis Screening and Chest X-Ray – One of the following is required:
- Official documentation from health care provider showing a Negative TB Skin test within the last 3 months, or
- If you have previously tested positive – Official Chest X-Ray Report
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (Tdap)
- Official documentation from health care provider of Tdap vaccine within the last 10 years
- Influenza/Flu Vaccine
- Official documentation that the most current influenza vaccine has been administered (Flu season is September-April)
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
How to obtain vaccination records:
These documents can be found in your doctor’s office records, student health, previous employee health records, immigration documents, military service documents, and/or travel vaccination records. Contact your primary care physician or the OHM office of your current employer.
All Medical Records need to have Student full name and DOB on them and should be submitted in a readable format, pdf is preferred.
Hepatitis B Vaccines:
If you have not had a series of 2 OR 3 doses of Hepatitis B vaccine, you must plan to get this asap!See the schedule for the required 3-dose, or the new 2-dose series below:
- ENGERIX B: 1mL (20mcg) IM AT 0, 1, and 6 MONTHS
- RECOMBIVAX HB: 1mL (10mcg) IM AT 0, 1, and 6 MONTHS
- HEPLISAV-B: 0.5 mL IM at 0 and 1 MONTHS
After having the series, get a titer drawn 30 days after the last shot, ideally not more than 6 weeks.
Want a career that’s rewarding, exciting, and improves lives? Train for a medical device specialist career with the program that’s embedded in the industry—Apply to PrepMD!